Join the UServeUtah team as we work to enable individuals, communities, and organizations in Utah to benefit from the service, power, skills, and passion of volunteers.
Winter Intern, 2019
Interns are a valuable resource and important part of the staff at UServeUtah. Interns help the Lt. Governor's Commission on Service & Volunteerism reach important milestones and complete strategic initiatives. As such, interns should expect to have ownership and responsibility for their work, occasions for growth and professional development, and opportunities to work with important state leaders and UServeUtah staff.
Major Responsibilities for Winter 2019 interns:
- Build the AmeriCorps alumni network
- Develop training and resources to support private-nonprofit relationships
- Strengthen volunteerism in municipalities
- Cultivate networks of volunteer managers throughout the state of Utah
- Support other UServeUtah work initiatives
The internship will last from January until May, with the potential for it to be extended after May. The intern will be expected to work around 15 hours per week minimum, with a maximum of 29 hours per week.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to self-direct and take initiative
- Experience in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to listen, process information, and think strategically
Space will be provided for the intern to work at the UServeUtah offices in Salt Lake City. Working remotely is also an option.
The hourly wage for this position is $12 an hour. This is a non-benefited position.
Send your resume and cover letter to Jacob Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: December 21, 2018