Utah Disaster Corps
- The Corps will be open to all AmeriCorps State members that are serving in at least a half time position.
- Members will be required to gain prior approval from their program director in order to participate.
- Verification that the member has at least 20 hours available for member development will also be required.
Training may consist of the following or similar topics:
- Spontaneous Volunteer Management Training / Supporting a Volunteer Reception Center
- Basic First Aid
Utah Disaster Corps Terminology:
- Activation: A member is considered activated in response to a disaster when they receive disaster response assignments within or near their own local service area. UServeUtah approval is required prior to to activation.
- Deployment: A member is considered deployed when assigned to a disaster response outside their local service area where room and board would be required. UServeUtah approval is required prior to to deployment.
Talk to your program supervisor for permission, then apply here.
Contact Scott Keyes - firstname.lastname@example.org