UServeUtah is committed to fostering community engagement among Utah youth. The UServeUtah Youth Council is a youth-driven advisory board made up of young people ages 16-22.
2021 UServeUtah Youth Council
University of Utah
Yuritzi Huerta Campos
The UServeUtah Youth Council is a youth-driven advisory board made up of young Utahns from across the state dedicated to fostering community engagement among Utah youth. Council members will have the opportunity to collaborate and learn with each other, develop leadership skills, engage their peers by planning and executing a community engagement project, and influence public policy.
Youth Council members will serve from September of 2021 through July of 2022.
Benefits to Serving as a UServeUtah Youth Council Member:
- Leadership training
- Opportunities to advocate for their peers and amplify the voices of young people
- Opportunities to research, write, and influence policy & programming
- Letter of recommendation for higher education or future employment
- A Certificate of Service
- Attend monthly meetings, either in-person or online (must attend at least 10 of 12 meetings)
- Plan and lead a community engagement project involving other youth
- Upon project completion, prepare a final report/reflection
- Attend the Active Engagement Retreat (Sept 30 - Oct 1, 2021)
- Promote volunteerism and be a good representative of UServeUtah by being an upstanding community member
Applications must be submitted by 8:00 AM on April 19th, 2021.
Applicants will be contacted on May 10th, 2021.
The 2020 Youth Council
Volunteers participating in Camilla Yuan's service project
Ava Ford with care packages she assembled for local families.
Ally Brotherson posing with her column highlighting local volunteers and opportunities to serve.
During the term of service for UServeUtah’s 2020 Youth Council, Youth Council members planned and carried out service projects across the state. Many projects were adapted to address new pressing needs due to COVID-19.
We would like to thank the 2020 UServeUtah Youth Council for their service, leadership, and impacts made during this unprecedented year. These young leaders completed projects with a total of over 1,300 volunteer hours.
2020 Youth Council Reflections