Have a service opportunity you would like to highlight? Contact Sara Dorsey at email@example.com.
Meal Donation for Families in Need!
Salt Lake City
Thursday, December 6, 5:00pm-6:00pm
Provide a healthy meal for low-income families in the Circles program by donating fruit and veggies for a Circles Weekly Meeting!
Snuggle with a Book
Friday, December 7th
‘Snuggle with a Book’ is a holiday event to give each child at an James Madison Elementary (an inner city Ogden school) a book & a blanket to encourage reading during the long winter break. Items needed: BOOKS (new or gently used) for children of all ages. New fleece BLANKETS. Drop off donations any school day/hours up to Dec. 7.
Urban Indian Center Toy Drive
Friday, December 7th, 1:00 pm – 8:00 pm
We need toys for boys and girls ages 6 months to 17 years old. They need to be new items that are donated for the children at the Urban Indian Center. Please bring them to any address listed on the scheduled date. Please do not wrap the gifts. Thank you so much for your service!
Santa’s North Pole Extravaganza
Friday, December 7th, 3:30 pm – 8:00 pm
- Assisting Santa from 4-8 pm.
- Helping at Santa’s Stables (see a REAL reindeer and other animals from 4-8 pm).
- Making popcorn and passing out treats at the Christmas movie
- Helping at the North Pole Sleigh Shop, the one and only repair shop that Santa uses to keep his sleigh in mint condition.
- Passing out cookie kits at Santa’s Sweet Shop where kids can decorate Santa’s favorite cookies.
- Helping out in Santa’s toy shop
- Assisting in the North Pole ornament shop
- Participating in art activities where wrapping paper and Christmas Cards are made
Zootah Zoo Lights
December 7 & 8, 4:45 pm – 7:30 pm
The second year of Zoo Lights at Zootah is 3X’s the size of last year. We will be hosting Santa and his reindeer during this multi week event. We will also have special discount nights throughout the event. Volunteers are needed to help Santa, Watch over animals (no animal handling), serve hot cocoa, and watch over a bonfire.