UServeUtah College Community Engagement Council
This new UServeUtah initiative was designed with the following objectives:
- Develop a statewide network of young adults who will further community engagement initiatives on their campuses
- Create a council providing higher education students with leadership opportunities unique to their age, abilities and interests
- Select council members that represent our geographically diverse state and ethnically diverse communities
- Design a mentoring program where council members mentor UServeUtah’s High School Community Engagement Youth Council, and UServeUtah Commissioners mentor the CCEC council
- Expand young adult awareness of needs and issues of public concern in Utah
- Provide outreach and advocacy for UServeUtah’s Community Engagement initiatives
Apply to serve on the 2022-2023 UServeUtah College Community Engagement Council
Applicants must be at least 18 years old and planning to reside in Utah for the duration of the 2022-23 academic year to complete the full term of service. They must be enrolled in a Utah higher education institution and be in good standing at their school. Traditional, non-traditional, undergraduate, technical, and graduate students are all welcome to apply.
Prospective Applicant Information
The UServeUtah College Community Engagement Council (CCEC) is an advisory board composed of students enrolled in higher education institutions throughout the state of Utah. The CCEC will be dedicated to fostering community engagement among their campus and communities.
Interested in receiving academic credit? Reach out to Judy Hut at firstname.lastname@example.org
Term of Service
September 1, 2022 - May 31, 2022
2022 - 2023 CCEC Schedule
It is anticipated that the time commitment for council members will be approximately 5 - 8 hours/month. Project planning/implementation and mentorship hours will vary.
Council members will commit to participate in the following scheduled meetings. Absences may be excused under extenuating circumstances. Missing more than one meeting may result in dismissal from the CCEC.
- MANDATORY: Attendance at Zoom meetings.
- October 5, 2022 | 6-8 PM
- November 3, 2022 | 6 - 8 PM
- January 11, 2023 | 6 - 8 PM
- March 1, 2023 | 6 - 8 PM
- MANDATORY: Complete and report on assignments in alternate months.
- Attend both days of UServeUtah’s annual Active Engagement Retreat (AER) in September. Attendance is strongly encouraged.
- Big Canyon Ranch in Wanship on September 29 - 30, 2022
- Carpool option available
- Attend the May Commission Meeting either virtually or in-person (date TBD) to participate in the final project presentation.