Apply to Serve on the 2023-2024 UServeUtah High School Council
The UServeUtah High School Council is a youth-driven advisory board made up of young Utahns from across the state dedicated to fostering community engagement among Utah youth. Council members will have the opportunity to collaborate and learn with each other, develop leadership skills, engage their peers by planning and executing a community engagement project, and influence public policy.
High School Council members will serve from September of 2023 through June of 2024.
Benefits to serving as a UServeUtah High School Council Member:
- Receive leadership training
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the Community Engagement Pathways and how to make a difference in your local community
- Advocate for your peers and amplify the voices of young people
- Find opportunities to research, write, and influence policy & programming
- Develop higher education or career references
High School Council Members who complete their community engagement projects receive:
- A Certificate of Service
- Printed High School Council Final Report
UServeUtah High School Council Member Responsibilities:
- Attend meetings (must attend at least 5 of 7 meetings)
- Provide advance notice to UServeUtah of extenuating circumstances that will prevent meeting attendance
- Plan and lead a community engagement project involving a minimum of 10 youth volunteers
- Complete a project logic model by the due date
- Upon project completion, prepare a final report/reflection
- Promote volunteerism and be a good representative of UServeUtah by being an upstanding community member
Applicants must be in the 10th, 11th, or 12th grade and should be planning to reside in Utah for the duration of the 2023-24 academic year to complete the full term of service (Sept 2023 - June 2024).
2023-2024 Council Schedule:
Meetings will be held from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM on Google Meet.
Meeting 1: September 21, 2023
Meeting 2: October 19, 2023
Meeting 3: November 16, 2023
Meeting 4: January 18, 2024
Meeting 5: February 22, 2024
Meeting 6: March 21, 2024
Meeting 7: April 25, 2024
Project Due Date: May 19, 2024
High School Council Recognition Event, Utah State Capitol: June 2024
UServeUtah High School Council Experience
As a UServeUtah High School Council Member, you will dive into a curriculum that will help you become an influential leader in the realm of community engagement. Local experts will join the virtual calls, and UServeUtah staff will support you in the planning of an impactful community project.
Want to know more? Check out the final reports from previous UServeUtah High School Council cohorts: