Community Engagement Grant
The purpose of the UServeUtah Community Engagement Grant is to increase Utahns’ awareness of and participation in community and civic engagement initiatives.
Community and civic engagement are recognized as working to make a difference in one’s community and developing the combination of skills, values, and motivation to make that difference. It means promoting the quality of life in one’s community and involves people, governments, and communities working collaboratively to create – and realize – sustainable visions for their community’s future. It can involve both a political and nonpolitical process.
Grant awards will use community and civic engagement to improve the quality of life for Utahns.
- Nonprofit organizations;
- Institutions of higher education;
- State Agencies;
- Government entities within the state including cities, counties, and municipalities;
- Community or faith-based organizations;
- Partnerships of any of the above entities
The award amounts will be between $5,000 and $25,000. UServeUtah reserves the right to award less than the requested amount based on available funding and submitted applications.
The following assessment criteria will be used in reviewing applications.
- Project Impact (50 points) : The proposed project will address a compelling need for a defined target population. The project proposed has the potential to meet this need, achieve the desired community engagement outcomes, and improve the quality of life in Utah for many individuals. The applicant demonstrates that data can be collected to measure community engagement outcomes.
- Feasibility (30 points): The applicant demonstrates the ability to implement the community engagement grant successfully through partnerships, personnel, timeline and budget presented.
- Innovation (20 points): The applicant demonstrates a fresh or refreshed approach to the work of increasing community engagement in Utah. All parts of the application will be used to assess this criterion.
Tuesday, May 5, 2020: Application released
Friday, June 5, 2020: Applications due by 5:00 pm MT. Submit application by email to Laura Rothlisberger email@example.com
July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021: Project Period
Application Instructions (PDF)
Application (Fillable PDF)
Please contact Laura Rothlisberger at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.